Study tips for exams
The exam period can be a daunting experience for most learners, but if effective study methods are implemented at an early stage of your preparation, distinctions will be calling your name.
Here are the top 5 definitive study tips for exams:
1. Organise the exam timetable and make room for unexpected loss of time and other recreational activities that you participate in on a regular basis.
2. Go over past papers and practising exercises that will help with time management. Re-write the test under time constraints. This also assists in familiarising with the format of the test.
3. The environment is largely dependent on the individual. Adapt the study environment to what suits you. Some people require complete silence and much organised space while others need a cluttered space with background music.
4. Use memory and summary techniques such as flow charts, mind maps and other visual aids assist in revising large amounts of work. Utilise highlighters and post-it notes to categorise your work according to sections or chapters.
5. A healthy lifestyle is imperative for the preparation of the exam. Take regular breaks and get sufficient sleep as well as exercising. Exercising improves blood flow to the brain which will assist you in remembering and conceptualising the content. Find out the times that you concentrate the most- either the morning or evening and adjust your sleeping schedule accordingly. Ensure that you get at least 8 hours of sleep each night. Eat nutritional foods such as fish, nuts and yoghurt. Water is also an important factor in hydrating your brain and immune system.
For more information regarding a quality education, contact Covenant College for more.